Explore Markets, Learn Product Research
Join us in Kadıköy for a relaxed afternoon exploring markets, while we learn product strategy and user research skills. We sometimes do this kind of market exploration for fun. This time we thought it'd be a nice way get to meet new people away from the conference fomo.
Let's get acquainted with Istanbul's culture and have fun shopping, while we practice some informal ethnographic research.
What we'll learn
Research skills that we can bring to our Web3 product decisions:
- how to identify economic and product-switching triggers
- how to reveal users' mental models and categories
- how to spot which feature changes affect users and how
1. Meet for coffee near Kadıköy Ferry Terminal (20 minutes)
- Interview techniques crash course: casual questions, object centering, what to listen for
- Discussion: how consideration sets drive product adoption
2. Exploring the market in groups, sharing our shopping finds and research findings in a Telegram group (1.5 hours)
3. Meet in a tea house to catch up and enjoy an authentic Turkish experience (45 minutes)
Istanbul is a great place for this because it's a historical connection between East and West. Local markets, like Kadilkoy, reveal a lot about any culture, and are great place to learn why (and when) people buy certain things, and how (and when) they use them.
Boyana's lead user research on design sprints for MakerDAO's Spark, Obol, Boson, Rated, CreditSwap and Unlock Protocol. Salim's taught go-to-market product design for 500 Startups, Seedcamp, Oxford's MBA, UCL, and The Royal Academy Of Engineering; He's advised Polygon, BanklessDAO, Limechain, Techstars and Kernel.
Together we're Discover Mode.