.4 RID/BEI/QA(Oklahoma) CEUs approved (including PPO designation)
Kevin is a pro. The real deal. He will guide participants in a truly interactive, explorative and inspirational afternoon.
This workshop is an in depth analysis into anxiety and self confidence as relevant to the real-world life of the interpreter. Through risk taking exercises and discussions participants learn about vulnerability and the importance of trust as it relates to working with interpreting colleagues and consumers. Importantly, participants will explore the intersection of one’s identity and the work of interpreting.
This presentation may be recorded. A screenshot of participants may be taken for CEU verification.
* Apply key concepts (Trust, Self Confidence, Comfort Zone, Honesty, Teamwork, Communication, Making Connections, Self Analysis, Awareness and Perceptions of Self and Others, Respecting Differences in Others).
* Identify and evaluate one’s own struggles and successes with self-confidence.
* Become a proactive and communicative member of a team.
* Demonstrate applying trust to interpreters and consumers.
* Identify situations in which varying degrees of control are necessary.
* Identify limitations through honest self evaluation.