Explore the art of "acting" and take a journey with TCC Theatre Coordinator Mark Frank as he explores the different areas of performance through exploration of expression, Imagination, confidence, body awareness, internal vs external emotions, the ego, process, and handling attention. Be prepared to participate in FUN acting exercises!!
1. Recognize the more important characteristics of good acting through expression.
2. Understand how to use the imagination when portraying a character or scene.
3. Determine the physical life of a character.
4. Identify the use of emotion as the foundation of inner technique.
5. Understand relaxation techniques and purposes of concentration, focus and confidence.
Mark Frank is the Tulsa Community College Coordinator of Theatre and Associate Professor since 2013. He was Faculty Chair for the School of Visual and Performing Arts from 2013-2016. He previously was the Director of Theatre and Associate Professor at Coffeyville Community College from 1994-2013. He also taught at Maple Woods Community College from 1992-1994 in Kansas City. He has directed and performed in over 300 college, community, and professional productions. He is a working playwright having published three collection of play books along with a children's musical and children's novel. Mark has a Master of Fine Arts Degree from Western Illinois University and a Bachelor's degree in Theatre from Viterbo University. He is currently writing a new children's and adult novel, along with getting ready to publish his 4th anthology of his plays.
*Presentation will be in spoken English and a screenshot will be taken to confirm attendance for CEU processing.
**This presentation will be interpreted into ASL.
.2 RID/QA/BEI CEUs