Zoom online studio space opens 15 min ahead of class time so that you can get settled.
Join Jenny White in an all levels, pay what you can yin yoga class under May's Waning Moon.
The moon is our closest celestial neighbor and powerfully influences every living thing on our planet. Within 28 days, the moon passes through 8 phases, each with its own unique characteristics. The WANING moon is disappearing more each night as we head towards the New Moon Phase.
Yin yoga is a gentle form of yoga, appropriate for any level, and the ultimate self care. In yin, we hold poses for longer amounts of time to allow gravity to take over, our parasympathetic nervous system to kick in gear, and calm in our mind and body. It is TRULY the best hour of self care.
Tonight's practice will encourage you to tap into the energy behind this specific moon phase.
Grab a crystal that is resonating with you this month and bring it to your mat if you’d like. I’ll teach you how to set intentions with it and incorporate it into your practice.
SUGGESTED CRYSTALS FOR THIS MOON
Aquamarine, Rose Quartz, Moonstone, Sunstone, Lapis Lazuli, Amethyst, Clear Quartz, Labradorite
You can shop MoonRise Self Care's Crystal Boutique HERE
SET UP :
I encourage you to treat your practice like a mini home retreat for yourself. Below are some of my favorite suggestions for a blissful practice :
- Set up your area in a quiet and dim space. If you love candles, essential oils, etc, set them up around you. I have students that practice in their in their living room, in a dedicated yoga space in their home, in their closet! Truly just get to your mat, but if it helps you to create an aesthetic space that grounds and calms you, then have fun creating your special space.
- I love to bring a journal to my mat, especially during moon practices, in case I'm inspired by a thought that comes up.
- A yoga mat is not necessary for yin, but if you have one, unroll it. You could even get super comfy by placing a bath mat (this is what I use) or blanket on top of your mat (especially if you have hardwood floors)!
- Have several yoga props available...blocks and bolsters if you have them, bed pillows, blankets and towels if you don't.
- It might feel lovely to wrap yourself in a blanket during your practice or savasana - consider having one nearby just in case!
- New to Yin Yoga? Read more about it here :
Pay what you can. This is a donation based class, pay what you are able. If you are not able to pay for class, please share it with your friends and family who would love it.
My family GREATLY appreciates your donations as this is how I make my living, venmo @ jadoreurlife
Don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions!