The use of functional cellular technologies to access immune health, inflammatory burden and immune responses to environmental substances and nutrients will be described in detail. This will include a description of measurement of phosphorylation of critical immune signaling pathways, innate and adaptive immune responses; which together define immune age, and practical steps for clinical application.
1. Basics in immunology: What is the definition of healthy immune function
2. Why is autoimmunity increasing amongst low genetic risk populations
3. How do cellular tests work - Understanding immune function and how it is measured increases the clinical utility of tests and makes information derived from such tests more meaningful.
4. The role of NETosis and efferocytosis in health and disease
5. Why diet and lifestyle are still the most important drivers of health and longevity.