Zoom online studio space opens 15 min ahead of class time so that you can get settled.
Join Jenny White in an all levels, pay what you can, heart opening aroma yin yoga class.
Yin yoga is a gentle form of yoga, appropriate for any level, and the ultimate self care. In yin, we hold poses for longer amounts of time to allow gravity to take over, our parasympathetic nervous system to kick in gear, and calm in our mind and body. It is TRULY the best hour of self care.
Yoga and aromatherapy have long been traditionally linked through the holistic medical system Ayurveda. Aromatherapy - like yoga - works on the body, mind and spirit. The beautiful impacts are felt both physically and emotionally. Breathing in essential oils stimulates areas of your limbic system, which is the part of your brain that plays a role in emotions, behaviors, sense of smell, and long-term memory. Aromatic botanicals are used to aid meditation and alter mood. Oils are used to heighten relaxation and relieve stress. Scent can create an environment that encourages particular moods - which further enhances your yin practice to a blissful level.
In tonight's class, I will offer you the opportunity to incorporate essential oils throughout your practice.
Suggested Blend For February's Aroma Yin Yoga Class :
(see setup below. use these oils blended together or as stand alone. if you have a different oil or blend that you love for heart opening, incorporate that instead!)
2 drops Lavender, 1 drop Cedarwood
You can shop MoonRise Self Care's Oil Boutique HERE
SET UP :
I encourage you to treat your practice like a mini home retreat for yourself. Below are some of my favorite suggestions for a blissful practice :
- Set up your area in a quiet and dim space. If you love candles, essential oils, etc, set them up around you. I have students that practice in their in their living room, in a dedicated yoga space in their home, in their closet! Truly just get to your mat, but if it helps you to create an aesthetic space that grounds and calms you, then have fun creating your special space.
- For aroma yin, I suggest incorporating your oils in the following ways :
diffuse your blend in your yoga space
prep a damp facecloth ahead of class - add a drop or two of your blend. place it in the fridge for a couple of hours before your practice, then have it near your mat to use during savasana.
keep a bottle/roller/spray bottle of your oil or blend nearby your mat to incorporate during class.
blend with a carrier oil like fractionated coconut oil or jojoba oil and have near your mat to massage onto your body during class
- A yoga mat is not necessary for yin, but if you have one, unroll it. You could even get super comfy by placing a bath mat (this is what I use) or blanket on top of your mat (especially if you have hardwood floors)!
- Have several yoga props available...blocks and bolsters if you have them, bed pillows, blankets and towels if you don't.
- It might feel lovely to wrap yourself in a blanket during your practice or savasana - consider having one nearby just in case!
- New to Yin Yoga? Read more about it here :
Pay what you can. This is a donation based class, pay what you are able. If you are not able to pay for class, please share it with your friends and family who would love it.
My family GREATLY appreciates your donations as this is how I make my living, venmo @ jadoreurlife
Don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions!