NFTs. DAOs. The Metaverse. What’s next and new can be overwhelming and confusing. That’s why this Journalism Creator Summit, hosted by J+ at the Craig Newmark Graduate School of Journalism at CUNY, will tackle the universe of Web3.
• When? Friday, June 17th, 11:00am - 4:00pm et
• Where? Zoom! You will receive an email closer to June 17th inviting you to access the event online
• Cost? Free of charge!
• What if I can't make it? All registrants will get access to a recording of the event afterwards - but you must RSVP in advance!
The summit is hosted by CUNY's Newmark Graduate School of Journalism and sponsored by the Meta Journalism Project.
• Keith Grossman, President of TIME
Moderator: Nitasha Tiku, tech culture reporter for The Washington Post
• Patrick Workman, VP of Business Development and Partnerships at Unlock
• Camila Russo, Founder of The Defiant and author of The Infinite Machine
Moderator: Yvonne Leow, Creator in Residence at CUNY's Newmark Graduate School of Journalism, CEO of Bewilder
Dwayne Desaulniers, Director of Web3 Blockchain & Data at the Associated Press
Zack Guzman, crypto reporter
Moderator: Dan Keeler, Editor-in-chief of Blockworks
Cherie Hu , Founder and publisher of Water & Music, a newsletter and research DAO focused on analyzing music/tech trends
Alanna Roazzi-Laforet, Publisher and Chief Revenue Officer of the popular crypto news site Decrypt.
Moderator: Daisy Alioto, co-founder of Dirt Media
Nina Jane Patel, Entrepreneur, psychotherapist, and co-founder of Kabuni Ventures
Laura Hertzfeld, Emmy-winning writer, editor, and producer
Alexander Lee, Gaming and esports reporter, Digiday
Moderator: Hillary Frey, Creator in Residence at CUNY's Newmark Graduate School of Journalism, Editor in Chief at Slate.
⚡️ Closing Remarks - 3:50pm ET