The Seattle Women In Tech Consortium is delighted to host a Fireside chat with Deena Pierott. Deena is a Social Impact Entrepreneur and the Founder of the award winning and nationally recognized STEM+Arts program for youth of color called iUrban Teen which has chapters in four states, and most recently launched Black Women in STEM 2.0.
Ms. Pierott is also a diversity strategist and international public speaker. She has served on several boards and commissions including a Gubernatorial appointment to the Commission on African American Affairs in the State of Washington.
She holds the following awards and honors:
• Essence Magazine Top 50 Black Female Founders 2018
• Essence Magazine Top Black Women in STEM 2017
• Washington State African American Achievement Award 2017
• Clark College Iris Award 2017
• Alpha Kappa Alpha Global Impact Award 2016
• Whitney M. Young Award 2015
• White House Champion of Change for Technology Inclusion 2013
• Ebony Magazine Power 100 List 2013
• Rockefeller Innovation Award Nominee 2013
• Business Journal Orchid Award 2013
• The Delta's Woman of Excellence 2011
Featured in the following publications: Government Technology, Essence Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Black Enterprise, Ebony Magazine, Deliver magazine, Portland Business Journal, Geekwire, Colors of Influence, Neurology Now, the Chicago Tribune and on NPR
We look forward to seeing you at the event!