This class is recorded and distributed after event to all who sign up.
This lesson will focus on the utilization of advanced lipid and lipoprotein testing and metabolic markers to assess risk for cardiovascular disease and cognitive diseases such as vascular dementia and Alzheimer’s disease. Clinicians will gain an essential understanding of the basics of lipidology, with a more advanced look into lipids, lipoproteins, sterols and the interaction with metabolic health. A basic introduction to lipid physiology will evolve into the clinical application, and interpretation of lipid and metabolic biomarkers to better understand cardiometabolic risk assessment and subsequently the prevention of these chronic illnesses which threaten both lifespan and healthspan.
1. Understanding the pathology of cardiovascular disease, atherosclerosis and insulin resistance
2. Learn the physiology of basic and advanced lipid testing biomarkers
3. Identify the appropriate use of metabolic biomarkers and application to risk assessment for cardiometabolic disease.
4. Utilizing advanced lipid testing and metabolic biomarkers for personalized pharmaceutical management
5. Utilizing advanced lipid testing and metabolic biomarkers for personalized lifestyle, nutrition and nutraceutical management.
This free course is hosted by Rupa Health — the best way to order, track, and get results from 30+ lab companies in one place.
Rupa reduces the time spent ordering labs by 90% and provides customer service for your patients around lab test collections.