Advancing Academic and Industry Collaboration
We are bringing together the SFF’s blockchain, crypto, digital asset, and Web3 professionals for a side event in the heart of Singapore. This SFF Unplugged event will assemble industry leaders, employers, regulators, and academia for a series of expert panels and networking opportunities to discuss blockchain and digital asset opportunities for 2024 and to foster and promote professionalism and best practices within the industry.
Come join us, drinks are on us!
17:00 – 17:10: Welcoming Words
· Prof. Keith Carter, Member of the Board DEC Association
· Arno Pernthaler, Co-Founder DEC Institute
17:10 – 17:50: Open Panel - Market Reflections on 2023
· Prof. Keith Carter, DEC Association
· Jason Lee, Angel Investor, ex-COO Algorand Foundation
· Jesudevan Viveganandam, Founder & CEO TradeKins
· Moderator: Paul Stefansson, UBS Head Alternative Investments APAC
17:50 – 18:30: Panel 2 – Exploring 2024 Opportunities in Digital Assets
· Dr. Steven Hu, Global Head of Digital Assets, Trade and Working Capital, Standard Chartered
· CK Ong - Chief Operating Officer, SBI Digital Markets
· Dr. Eelco Fiole, Alpha Governance Partners
· Moderator: Prof. Dr. Thomas Ankenbrand, HSLU – IFZ
18:35 – 19:15: Panel 3 - Singapore’s Digital Asset Ecosystem Developments
· Aaron Gwak – Founder Libeara, SC Ventures
· Rajesh Sreenivasan – Head, Technology, Media, and Communication at Rajah and Tann
· Christopher Ngoi – Director of Blockchain at KPMG
· Moderator: Professor Hahn Jungpil, Director NUS FinTech Lab
19:15 – 21:00: Drinks and Snacks
About this event
Digital Asset Opportunities 2024 presents with the unique opportunity to immerse completely in a cutting-edge, muti-disciplinary, and professionally-oriented environment, led by DEC Institute, NUS FinTech Lab, and Lucerne University of Applied Sciences & Arts.
You will have the chance to gain valuable insights into upcoming industry trends and opportunities for the year ahead, directly from renowned thought leaders in the field, and be in direct contact and exchange with likeminded professionals.
SFF pass holders must submit a registration request and receive an approval to access the event. Registration is also required for DEC charterholders, academic and industry members, as well as faculty members and partners of NUS and HSLU.
Not holding any SFF pass?
No problem, simply submit the registration request. We will inform you if we have left space for external visitors.
About DEC Institute:
The DEC Institute is a global, mission-driven organization, co-founded by the leading blockchain, cryptoassets, and Web3 focused universities worldwide, and serving the global talent and professional development market. As a professional society DEC provides professional designations, the CBA® & CDAA ®, signifying advanced knowledge and multidisciplinary expertise. For more information, please visit decinstitute.org.
Academic Members of DEC:
· Lucerne University of Applied Sciences & Arts
· Frankfurt School of Finance & Management
· University College London Centre for Blockchain Technologies
· The National University of Singapore School of Computing
· The University of British Columbia
· Politecnico di Milano Graduate School of Business
Industry Members of DEC:
· Hopr Network
· Web3 Foundation
· Ripple Labs
· Tezos Foundation
· CMS Law & Tax
· Seba Bank
· Sygnum Bank
About NUS FinTech Lab:
NUS stands among the world’s leading universities today. Thanks to NUS FinTech Labs, NUS is ranked as the 2nd best Blockchain University in the world in 2022 according to CoinDesk. It has achieved significant milestones in the field of financial technology, providing financial literacy to over 1 million individuals in partnership with MAS through the SFF Talent Pavilion and upskilling more than 50,000 individuals through programs like the SG United FinTech program and the NUS SG FinTech program. NUS FinTech Lab collaborates with more than 60 potential industry partners who actively contribute to their thought leadership, innovation, and education initiatives, along with its multiple student-led crypto clubs in the blockchain space.
About Lucerne University of Applied Sciences & Arts – HSLU:
Located in the Crypto Valley in Switzerland, the Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts was one of the first higher education institutions in Switzerland providing professional education on Distributed Ledger Technologies and Crypto Finance. As a founding member of the Crypto Valley Association and organizer of the IEEE Crypto Valley Conference, HSLU is deeply rooted in the international blockchain scene. In addition, its Blockchain Lab, the CAS Blockchain programs and the Institute for Financial Services combine insightful knowledge across departments.
The Singapore FinTech Association - SFA represents one of the most dynamic and thriving FinTech ecosystems in the Asia Pacific region. SFA is known for hosting the largest concentration of FinTech industry professionals and corporate members in Singapore.
OffChain Global is a welcoming community for Web3 enthusiasts, providing virtual and in-person events dedicated to networking and learning. Established in 2017, OffChain Global places a strong emphasis on fostering human connections with regional chapters around the globe.