CamJam celebrates Raspberry Pi’s 3rd (official) Birthday!
The first ever Raspberry Pi computer was released 12 years ago, but its birthday was February 29th! So while its 12 years old, this is only the third time we have been able to throw it a proper bumper Birthday Party 🎈🥳
This CamJam is being hosted at the University of Cambridge Computer Laboratory (at the William Gates Building) with the support of Raspberry Pi.
Please note: this is a ticketed event with a small admission fee for adults, however if this would affect your ability to attend, please contact us
Children must be always supervised while at CamJam, so if you are under 18 please make sure you are accompanied by a parent or guardian who has their own ticket.
We are fully inclusive of technology: if your project is based around an Arduino, Micro:bit or something else, we would still love to see it!
We are going to be offering an assortment of activities, which will include:
• Talks - aimed at a variety of different abilities and on a variety of different topics.
• Workshops - to allow participants to learn and practice skills.
• Show and Tell - an area for makers to show off their projects and talk to participants about them.
• Visit the marketplace - The Raspberry Pi store will be here in miniature form, along with other top vendors.
• Enjoy coffee, soft drinks, and a light lunch at our cafe (cash preferred to card, if you can), or bring your own packed lunch.
We are looking for the following to help us to make the Jam the best experience possible.
• Presenters - come along and give a talk for a variety of people with different levels of knowledge.
• Show-and-Tell - have a table to show off your technology projects.
• Workshop organisers & helpers - we need people to help propose and run workshops as well as to give on-the-spot help during the sessions.
• Jam Makers - to take on general marshalling responsibilities.
Code of Conduct and Access for All
Please make sure you read our Code of Conduct before attending one of our events.
Does your son or daughter have special educational needs? We would like to help. Please read our Access for All policy and let us know when booking.
The talks timetable is to be confirmed
The workshop timetable is to be confirmed
Anyone attending a workshop will need to have a general admission ticket.
These workshops are self-guided for the most part but we'll have help on hand should you get stuck.
Tickets for workshops will be available separately once they are announced.
Information for attendees
CamJam is being held at the William Gates Building at the West Cambridge Site of the University of Cambridge in Cambridge, UK.
Parking is available on site, and at the nearby Madingley Road Park and Ride site, at which you can get to us on the Uni 4 bus which stops right outside.
For those exhibiting in our Show and Tell area, we are hoping be able to arrange a safe drop off. More details on this will be provided later! However, you will still need to park off-site during the event
Important information for volunteers
All our "Jam Makers" - our name for all the wonderful helpers that make the event possible - must comply with the Raspberry Pi Foundation Safeguarding policy. Ideally, you will have completed the online Safeguarding course linked from that page.
General information about Raspberry Jams
You can find out more about Cambridge Raspberry Jam from our website.